Count on us to help you set up RV registration for your motorhome in Amsterdam. For a non-resident of the European Union, it is not possible to register a vehicle, such as a camper, in their name. This rule is valid all over in the European Union. Therefore, you can count on BW Campers to help you set up registration for your camper with one of the following options:

You have relatives in Holland who can arrange RV registration for you in their name

You can 'burden' your relatives with all the official hassle such as the registration involved in owning and buying a camper. All correspondence concerning your camper will go via your relatives, but how well do they speak English, and do you want to bother them?

BE AWARE: Quite often, there is an RV insurance limit to the length of time a private camper can be used outside the Netherlands. This is usually three months.

Everybody will see that the camper is Dutch as you will drive with Dutch plates. Nobody will bother you. The Dutch do have a good reputation in Europe (do not ask me why!).

You can leave the registration for your RV in our company's name

This works the same as when you have the registration of your camper in the name of a relative. However, as we are a camper rental company, the insurance and registration costs are lower for us. We will pass on that 'benefit' to you! No paperwork is in your name, but you do own the camper. You will receive a bill of sale that clearly says so. And, again, everybody will see that the camper is Dutch as you will drive with Dutch plates.

Our insurance for your RV has no limitations for use outside the Netherlands.

To our knowledge, the Netherlands is the only country where this kind of arrangement is possible. In the Netherlands, the registration plates are linked to the car, while in most countries the plates are linked to a person.

You can apply for export of your vehicle

You will get the car documents in your name when you apply for export. You will have to allow some time, usually two days, to arrange for the export registration of your RV. The camper you put up for registration will have to leave Holland within two weeks (officially never to return). You will get export plates, so a lot of official persons will want to find out if you are entitled to use those plates. You might be pulled over frequently. You do not have to pay any taxes, but you cannot claim back the Dutch VAT, and tourist insurance is expensive.

Alternative countries

When you buy your vehicle in Germany, France or any other country, you will only get export plates. The disadvantages of export plates from other countries are the same as for Dutch export plates.

Count on us to help you with your camper registration

Are you interested in one of the services of our camper sale in Holland, such as the registration of your RV? Contact our experienced team and send an e-mail to today and find out which option suits you and your travel plans best. Are you wondering about other people’s experienced with BW Campers? Check out our customer reviews for an impression of their experiences.